Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Math 110 Exam 2
1. Your exam contains 7 questions and 5 pages; Please make sure you have a
2. The entire exam is worth 50 points. Point values for problems vary and these are clearly
indicated. You have 50 minutes for this exam.
3. Make sure to ALWAYS SHOW YOUR WORK; you will not receive any partial credit unless
all work is clearly shown. If in doubt, ask for clarification.
4. If you need extra space, use the back of the page and clearly indicate this.
5. You are allowed one 8.5×11 sheet of handwritten notes (both sides). Graphing and scientific
calculators are allowed .
1. (4 points each) Let f(x) = 3x2−5x and g(x) =
x−2. Find the following. Simplify (when
(b) (f − g)(x)
(c) (f g)(x)
2. (3 points each) Let f(x) be the function given by the table
(a) Find (0)
(b) Find f−1(−2).
4. (6 points) Divide P (x) = 2x3− x2
− 7x + 2 by D(x) = x2− 2x − 1. Express your answer
in the form
5. (5 points) Use synthetic division and the Remainder
Theorem to find P(−3) if P(x) =
2x4 + 5x3− 4x2 + 5.
7. (6 points each) Let r(x) =.
(a) Find the x- and y- intercepts of r (x).
(b) Find all asymptotes of r(x). (You do not need to draw the graph .)