Solutions to Odd-Numbered Exercises and Practice Tests
3. Rewrite as a single logarithm and simplify
ln| tanθ |-ln| cotθ |.
4. True or false:
5. Factor and simplify : sin4x + (sin2x)cos2x
6. Multiply and simplify : (cscx + 1)(cscx - 1)
7. Rationalize the denominator and simplify:
14. Use the double-angle formulas to determine :
15. Use the half-angle formulas to determine:
16. Given sin = 4/5,θ lies in Quadrant II, find cos(θ/2).
18. Rewrite as a sum : 6(sin 5θ)cos2θ.
19. Rewrite as a product :
sin(x + π) + sin(x - π).
22. Find all solutions in the interval
4sin2x = 1
23. Find all solutions in the interval
24. Find all solutions in the interval
sin2x = cosx
25. Use the quadratic formula to find all solutions in the interval
tan2x - 6tanx + 4 = 0