Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Several Methods of Factoring
|--A polynomial is factored completely when
ex pressed as the product of a monomial and one or
more prime polynomials.
|Guide lines for Factoring
1) Factor out the greatest monomial factor first.
2) Look for a difference of squares .
3) Look for a perfect square trinomial.
4) If a trinomial is not a square , look for a pair of binomial
5) If a polynomial has four or more terms, look for a way to
group the terms in pairs .
6) Make sure that you check that each binomial or trinomial
factor is a prime.
7) Check your work by multiplying the factors .
|Factored Completely||Guidelines for Factoring Completely|
|Guidelines for Factoring
Completely Flow Chart Style
Factor out the greatest monomial factor
|Example 1: Factor
|Factoring F low Chart||Example 1|
|Example 2: Factor completely:
|Example 3: Factor completely:
|Example 2||Example 3|
|Example 4: Factor completely:
page 228 Oral Exercises (7-12 all)
page 228 Written Exercises (7-18 all)
** Answers will be on the web.