1. Try the following commands (at the prompt and then press Enter ):
M = [1,3,-1,6;2,4,0,-1;0,-2,3,-1;-1,2,-5,1]
2. Repeat the above procedure for the matrix:
3. Multiply M and N using M * N. Can the order of multiplication be switched?
Why or why
not? Try it to see how MATLAB reacts.
4. Find the determinant and inverse of the following matrix:
5. Let B be the matrix obtained from A by rounding off to three decimal
places . Find the determinant
and inverse of B. How do A-1 and B-1 differ? Explain how this happened.
6. Prepare a brief (< 1 page) written report describing what happened and
answering all the
questions. Writing quality will play a part in your grade.