Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Math 1111 Test 2
Each question is worth 5 points. Attach any scratch paper.
1. The graph of g (x) below is a transformation of the function f(x) = |x|. Find the function g(x).
2. The graph of g (x) below is a transformation of the function f(x) = x3. Find the function g(x).
3. Identify the common function and the transformation shown in the graph. Write an equation for the function
shown in the graph.
4. Describe the transformation from the common function that occurs in the function. Then sketch its graph.
5. Describe the transformation from the common function that occurs in the function. Then sketch its graph.
6. Given: f(x) = 2x-3 and g(x) = 3x-5
7. Given: f(x) = x2-4 and g(x) = x + 2.
8. Given: f(x) = x2 and g(x) = 2x + 5
9. Find the inverse of f(x) and then verify that f(f-1(x)) = x.
10. Show that f and g are inverses functions. f(x) = 4-3x
a) Graphically (include identity function) b) Algebraically
11. Produce the inverse relation. Is the new relation a
12. Find the inverse function of f Then graph both f(x) and
f-1(x) on the same set of coordinate axis.
f(x) = 4 - x2 for x ≥ 0
13. Does f(x) = (x + 2)2 - 4, x ≥ -2 have an inverse function? If yes, produce the inverse function.
^-intercept ( 0,-15)
x-intercepti1 ( 1, 0)
Vertex ( 3,8)
x-intercept1: No x-intercepts
18. Find the quadratic function that has a vertex of (3,
12) and contains the point (7, -36).
19. Determine the x-intercepts of the graph visually. Then find the x-intercepts algebraically to confirm
20. Find two quadratic functions, f(x) that opens upward and g(x) that opens downward whose graphs have
(-4, 0) and (2, 0) for x-intercepts.