Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Math 143 Comprehensive Final Exam
Exam covers the concepts we discussed in
Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 9, and in the graphing
calculator manual No calculators on the exam - same as all semester.
Formulas to know and be able to use - All the formulas from our tests, including
• given two points : distance formula, slope of a line
• point- slope form and slope-intercept form of equation of a line
• standard form of a circle : (x - h)2 + (y - k)2 = r2
• standard form of a parabola : y = a(x - h)2 + k
• area and perimeter of rectangle, square , triangle; area, circumference of circle
• properties , laws of exponents and logarithms
• exponential growth and decay formulas
Be able to quickly sketch the graphs of y = x2, x3, |x|,1/x, sqrt(x), bx, logb x
No more than 20 - 30 points of the final exam (out of 200
points) will be on material
covered since the last test.
Grades will be available through BroncoWeb as soon as they are completed. To
your exam grade and final course average, do the following by Thursday afternoon,
Grades are composed of: 3 tests @ 20% each, homework @
10%, and final exam @ 30%.
Cell phones, PDAs, computers, or other electronic devices will not be allowed on your desk
during the exam.