Graphing Linear Inequalities in the Plane
Consider the set
• Is (0; 0) in S? How can you tell?
• Is (2; 3) in S? How can you tell?
• Is (4; 12) in S? How can you tell?
• Name a point in S with negative x -coordinate._________
• Name a point in S with integer coordinates (other than the one above).___________
• On the grid, plot all 5 points listed above, using • for points in S and × for points
not in S. Make sure to choose a scale for your graph so that all of the points above
fit on the diagram.
• Graph the line .
• Shade S.