Math 150 Week in Review 5 Problem Set
1. Determine the end behavior of the following polynomials .
(a) P(x) = 5x8 + 6x7−4x−9
(b) P(x) = −10x11 − 5x6 + 5x2 − 2
2. Sketch graphs for the following polynomials.
(a) P(x) = 2x3 − x2
(b) P(x) = (x − 1)2(x
+ 1)3(3 − x)
3. Use long division to nd the quotient and remainder of
5. Evaluate the following expressions and write in standard form.
6. Solve the equation 3x2−2x =−1.
Your instructor may or may not have covered the following:
9. Which of the rational functions in Problems 7 and 8 has a slant (oblique)
asymptote? What is its
slant (oblique) asymptote?
10. Use synthetic division to find the quotient and remainder when x3−8x−5 is divided by x + 3.
11. Factor the polynomial P(x) = 2x3−3x2−17x + 30 completely if it is known that 5/2 is a zero of the polynomial.