Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Course Outline for Intermediate Algebra
A comprehensive course covering linear, quadratic, exponential , logarithmic equations with applications , and other high level algebra skills. A comprehensive course in intermediate algebra.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES ADDRESSED :
1. Communication – Read and listen actively to learn and communicate.
2. Computation – Use arithmetic and other basic mathematical operations as required by program of study. Apply quantitative skills for personal, academic, and career purposes. Identify, interpret and utilize higher level mathematical and cognitive skills (for those students who choose to move beyond the minimum requirements).
3. Critical thinking and problem-solving – Think critically in evaluating information, solving problems , and making decisions.
4. Personal responsibility – Be motivated and able to continue learning and adapt to change . Value one’s own skills, abilities, ideas and art. Take pride in one’s work. Be aware of civic and environmental issues.
5. Technology – Select and use appropriate technological tools for personal, academic and career tasks.
GENERAL COURSE OBJECTIVES:
1. Demonstrate success on evaluations over the topics studied.
2. Work to build a foundation of algebra skills for subsequent mathematical classes.
3. Improve skills in algebra through symbolic manipulation and applications
4. Develop skills in critical thinking and problem solving
5. Develop regular attendance and time management/organization skills.
I. Solving linear equations and inequalities
II. Introduction to functions
III. Equations and inequalities in two variables
IV. Systems of linear equations
V. Rational expressions and functions
VI. Rational exponents and roots
VII. Quadratic equations
VIII. Exponents and polynomials
IX. Logarithms and applications
|SLO #||Included in Course Objective Number||SSCC Student Learning Outcomes|
|SLO 1.1||1 – 5||Communication - Read and listen actively|
|SLO 1.2||Communication - Speak and write effectively|
|SLO 2.1||1 – 5||Computation - Use mathematical operations|
|SLO 2.2||1 – 5||Computation - Apply quantitative skills|
|SLO 2.3||1 – 5||Computation - Identify, interpret, and utilize higher level mathematical and cognitive skills|
|SLO 3.1||Human Relations - Use social interactive skills to work in groups effectively|
|SLO 3.2||Human Relations - Recognize the diversity of cultural influences and values|
|SLO 4.1||1 – 5||Critical Thinking and Problem Solving -|
|SLO 5.1||1 – 5||Technology - Select and use appropriate technological tools|
|SLO 6.1||1, 5||Personal Responsibility - Be motivated and able to continue learning and adapt to change|
|SLO 6.2||1, 5||Personal Responsibility - Value one 's own skills, abilities, ideas and art|
|SLO 6.3||1, 5||Personal Responsibility - Take pride in one's work|
|SLO 6.4||Personal Responsibility - Manage personal health and safety|
|SLO 6.5||1, 5||Personal Responsibility - Be aware of civic and environmental issues|
|SLO 7.1||Information Literacy - Access and evaluate information|
|SLO 7.2||Information Literacy - Use information to achieve personal, academic, and career goals, as well as to participate in a democratic society|