Try our Free Online Math Solver!
Like Terms Simplifying Algebraic Expressions Activities Lessons, adding subtracting multiplying dividing integers , difference between evaluation and simplification of an expression , free advanced algebra add subtract rational expressions, solving quadratic equations completing the square , Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing Integer worksheets , prealgebra solving equations by multiplying and dividing worksheet, quadratic equation extracting square root , simplify square root of difference of two squares , multiplying and dividing powers cheat ,adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators worksheet , pre-algebra ratio formula , solving multiple variable polynomial equation, multiplying,dividing,adding,subtracting integers , Simplifying a sum of radical expressions calculator, convert decimal to square root fraction , calculate greatest common divisor , adding subtracting dividing multiplying integers games , quadratic equations square root property calculator , Like Terms Simplifying Algebraic Expressions Junior High, greatest common divisor calculator , simplifying cube root fractions , Java method Convert Decimal Numbers to time , adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing integers , how do you divide and times add subtract integers worksheet , converting base 8 to decimal calculator , integers adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing worksheet, solving addition and subtraction equations worksheet , value for variable expression radicals roots , simultaneous nonlinear equation solver , online factoring of complex quadratic equations with variables only, simplifying exponents and square root calculator, how do i convert a basic algebraic equation, worksheets on add subtract multiply divide fractions, how do you do the square root on the TI-83 plus graphic calculator? , finding least common denominator to equations , how use my Casio Calculator for solving linear equations , greatest common factor for three number with variables, multiply and divide rational expressions calculator , quadratic equation graph hyperbola, solving 2nd order differential equations , worksheet on adding,subtracting,multiplying,dividing integers , practice worksheets on adding, subtracting,multiplying,and dividing decimals. for 6th grade
Thank you for visiting our site! You landed on this page because you entered a search term similar to this: distributions,partial differential equations, here's the result:
Partial Differential Equations
- Classical linear equations: transport, Laplace, heat, and wave equations (basic properties, fundamental solutions, mean value properties, maximum principles,energy methods, Fourier transform method)
- First order nonlinear PDE's (characteristics, conservation laws, shocks)
- Special solutions (similarity solutions, traveling waves, power series methods)
- Sobolev spaces (distributions, weak derivatives, weak convergence)
- More on Sobolev spaces (traces, Poincaré and Sobolev inequalities, embeddings)
- Second order elliptic equations (fixed point theorems, weak solutions, regularity,maximum principles, eigenvalues, applications)
- Evolution equations (weak solutions, Galerkin method, regularity,maximum principles and propagation of disturbance) and applications
- Semigroup theory (infinitesimal generators, Hille-Yoshida theorem, applications)
- Calculus of variations and its applications (direct method, Mountain pass theorem)
- Text 1: Partial Differential Equations by L. C. Evans
- Text 2: Introduction to Partial Differential Equations, G. B. Folland, 2nd Ed (1995)
3. Partial Differential Equations, R. McOwen
4. Hilbert Space Methods for Partial Differential Equations, R. Showalter (available free electronically)
5. Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order, D. Gilbarg and N. S. Trudinger, 2nd Ed or later.
6. Partial Differential Equations, F. John
Qualifying exam problems of previous times: Ask Becky
PS: To pursue a Ph.D. in the area of PDE, we recommend that you keepin mind ODE is an important component. PSU has M411 (ODE/Fourier Series),M412 (PDE), and M511 (ODE) before the course level of M513-4. AfterM513-4, PSU offers two topics courses per semester in the broad areaof PDE, Numerical Analysis, and Applied Mathematics. While youare studying M513-4 in the first year, you can attend lower level courses or upperlevel topics courses depending on your preparedness.